Amicalola Falls to Hiawassee

I'm staying the night at Top of Georgia hostel which has given a a good opportunity to reflect on these last 70 miles. Georgia is definitely a tough state and hiking through this section gives me an understanding of why 25 percent of potential thru hikers stop by this point. I can say for sure that I earned every vista and view by hiking all the way up the mountain on one side just to hike all the way down on the other. I've seen more chipmunks than I can count, heard more woodpeckers than I knew existed, heard owls, coyotes, and have even seen a bear cub. These last few days have been an absolute blast to hike even with all the elevation change. I've been fortunate to have the best weather I could ask for to hike in. Hopefully my weather holds out for a bit longer but it looks like rain may be in my future. I'm uploading a video on YouTube that I'll link here showing some of my views. Thank everyone for your continued support of this crazy endeavor of mine.

Comments

  1. Great job on the video and congratulations on completing your first state!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts